UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
SETTING OUT AND SURVEYING MODULES
The practical nature of surveying and setting out modules mean that they require much more effort and planning than standard classroom based modules.
Setting Out for Construction has got a proven track record of delivering degree level and HND level modules in surveying and setting out.
We have a full eLearning package available which can make a massive difference to the quality of both your classroom and practical sessions. Imagine what it would be like if your students had already seen the practical exercises and associated theory with their own eyes before they attempt their practical work?
EMPLOYABILITY OF GRADUATES
A recent survey by the Confederation of British Industry found that 80% of firms wanted better designed qualifications more focussed on employers’ needs and industry standards.
As well as providing teaching support in surveying and setting out, we can help you review your entire degree or HND course in terms of how it interfaces with industry.
For example, do you regularly give proper consideration to the following questions?
- How employable are our graduates?
- Do we do all that we can to make sure that they have confidence, initiative and self-promotion skills for them to secure employment?
- Once they are in work are our graduates worthy ambassadors of our department? Do they show us in a good light?
- Are we equipping our graduates with the right practical skills so that they can immediately become an effective, contributing member of the site team?
- Does the structure of our course and order of content optimise or compromise the learning potential?
- Are our teaching style, methods and philosophy breaking new ground or are we stuck in a time warp, perpetuating the factory model style education that has long since been proved as the least effective way of embedding learning.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
This is how we can help:
- Full outsourcing of surveying and setting out modules
- Teaching support for your tutors or lectures
- One- to-one training for lecturers who are new to the module
- eLearning materials to support your own modules
- Consultancy (for any construction related courses - employability, teaching design, relevance of course content etc)
- Field trips (teaching support or full planning package)
- A certificate of competence for your students to help them secure a graduate position or a summer job
If you would like to find out more or arrange a skype chat, email email@example.com